This post may contain affiliate links to help offset the cost of running and maintaining a blog. Read the disclosure. Thanks for your support!
Breast Cancer Affects My Family…How About Yours? Be MORE Than Pink!
This post is sponsored by ValPak #Pak4ACure
This is not your typical deals post, but we will tell you about a few ways to save money as well as how you can be MORE than pink AND get a chance to WIN an awesome prize!
“Breast cancer is bald heads, broken hearts and physical and mental pain no on should have to endure. I definitely am not as strong as everyone thinks I am, but I will continue my journey as positive as possible and hope to make people aware of the importance of early detection.” To me these are not just words. They are the words of my cousin Nicole who unfortunately was amongst the 1 in 8 women (and 1 in 1,000 men) who will develop invasive breast cancer during their lifetime. She was unfortunately in her early 40’s and was unable to win her battle, so you can see why early detection is so important! Coincidentally she also had two friends who shared the name Nicole who were also diagnosed. Their advice? “From the experience of fighting cancer I’ve learned that life is all about living every day to its fullest! A lot of people take this for granted. Don’t let something tragic happen to you before you realize this very important fact. Today is a blessing so get out there and enjoy your life!” Awareness can help save lives!
SO HOW CAN YOU MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
- Pink is more than just a color; it represents the impact that each person is making in the fight against breast cancer. This impact makes you More Than Pink. My cousin Angie is currently fighting her own battle against breast cancer and it certainly has an affect on the whole family as well as the community. If you know someone who has taken action to be a More than Pink Hero, you could win KitchenAid Appliances in support of Cook For The Cure by sharing your story! Find out more about that HERE!
- In honor of the fight against breast cancer Valpak’s blue envelope will be turning pink for the month of October! The envelope will highlight celebrity chef Sandra Lee, a breast cancer survivor and advocate for women’s health, as a “More Than Pink® Hero.” The nationwide October Valpak envelope will also feature a special surprise for 500 lucky recipients, who will instantly win an immersion blender courtesy of KitchenAid by looking through their pink Valpak envelopes and finding a die-cut certificate shaped like an immersion blender. PLUS as always it will include money saving coupons for everyone as well! Be sure to watch for it in your mailbox. (If you’re not currently receiving ValPak, go here to get started.)
- Consider making a one time donation! Also if you happen to work for a participating employer they may even match your donation!
- Participate in a local Susan G. Komen Race For The Cure Event! Use promo code DealPro for an exclusive $5 registration discount!
- The Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure® Series is the world’s largest and most successful education and fundraising event for breast cancer ever created.
- The series of 5K runs and fitness walks raises significant funds and awareness for the breast cancer movement, celebrates breast cancer survivorship and honors those who have lost their battle with the disease.